17 Jan How to Appear and Conduct in Court
• Arrive to your court hearing a few minutes early.
• Dress appropriately, like you are going for an interview. Avoid flashy jewelry and distracting, revealing, and unkempt clothing items.
• Remove hats and sunglasses.
• Do not chew gum.
• Sit and stand straight.
• Speak only when you are asked.
• Answer only what you are asked.
• Speak clearly.
• Say “yes” and “no” rather than nodding and shaking your head.
• Remain calm and collected. Do not grow angry and argumentative.
• Turn your cell phone off.
• If you have young children who would not be in school at the moment, arrange to have someone babysit them at home.
• Trust your lawyer and let them do the talking, unless you are asked to speak.
• Use the bathroom before court begins.
• Be respectful. Address the judge by “Your Honor.”
These are all tips on how one should present themselves and act in court. As a defendant accused of a crime, these will help show the court that you are taking this matter seriously. Body language and appearance can influence the court.
If you are out on bail, you will have a better time prepping for court, both in your appearance and also in your case. Posting bail is easy when East Richmond Heights Bail Bond Store is involved. So, if you or a loved one ever need a bail bond, please contact East Richmond Heights Bail Bond Store.